The purpose of these newsletters is six-pronged
- To establish a mechanism devoted to communication among volunteers across our SpeakOut! sites
- To provide updates from each site, including problems in group, upcoming conflicts, successful lesson plans, or other news
- To provide a forum for ongoing discussions surrounding volunteer roles and responsibilities, including tips on facilitation or working with at-risk groups
- To increase distribution and readership of the works produced during each workshop
- To help volunteers understand how their work with SpeakOut! fits into larger networks
- To let the larger community know what is happening with site and accomplishments!